Monday, September 18, 2006

Monterey Jazz Festival 2006


IMG_4830.JPG
Originally uploaded by jazzportraits.
I've been away from this blog for some time now, working on writing grants, serving on the board of a new local jazz non-profit, doing the radio gig, and working on my new photography hobby. I'm not the best photographer, and wasn't in the best location, (and my camera is great for a lot of things, but low light and high ISO it's not), but I'll be posting some of my shots from this year's festival. I was only able to make it one day this year, (Sunday), but got to hear three piano legends, a rising young vocal star, and much more. I'm catching up on work right now, so tomorrow I'll try to post some more about the artists, which included Dave Brubeck, Kurt Elling and Roberta Gambarini (all three pictured above), Oscar Peterson, and my personal favorite, Hank Jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home